How to Unshrink a T-shirt?
Ahhhhh! Doing laundry is exhausting.
Do you know what happens if you don’t pay attention to the exact amount of heat needed for the clothes?
Make it too hot and you’ll kill all the moisture inside the clothes, leaving them shrunken like a zombie. Ooo0...maybe these Zombie-themed shirts by Yammeya will give you an idea. (Rest assured: only the design looks shrunk, our shirts are really crispy!)
So if after spending a hard day doing laundry, you’ve shrunk your clothes and turned your shirts into crop tops, this is the blog you need to save your life.
ℹ️ Shhhh! We don’t collect your data to inform companies that you’ve shrunk your clothes so that they can shamelessly target you with annoying ads.
Don't worry. Just read on and follow our instructions. This is how you’ll get your clothes' soul (and size) back.
By using Borax or fabric softener
This is the oldest trick in the book.
- Take a tub of lukewarm water
- Buy a fabric softener or Borax from the grocery store (Not if you’re in lockdown, because then you’ll be bringing Corona home too)
- Add a cup of fabric softener or borax in the tub—use a measuring cup instead of a tea cup for better results
- Run your hands through the water to foam it up
- Dunk the shrunken shirt in it
Let it chill for 30 minutes. Start reciting the spells suggested while wearing this halloween-themed shirt for the best magic effect 👻
- Take it out and squeeze the drenched shirt with your bare hands.
- Then stretch it out (Don't vent your frustration on this poor one, save some for others)
- Hang it outside in the mild sunlight or let it air dry.
This method works on all types of clothes like cashmere, wool, denim, rayon etc., so don’t be afraid to give it a try for ALL your clothes.
In case you'd like to shrink your clothing again (because you have lost weight), read how to shrink them.
How to unshrink a cotton shirt?
Cotton is a sensitive cloth.Its delicacy demands extra care.
It cannot bear the extra cycling of the machine and punishes us by shrinking.
💪🏿 Don't despair. We’re here to help you.
Come on, pledge yourself to fight against cotton's betrayal!
By using Conditioner
- Place a tub of lukewarm water in front of yourself.
- Add a cupful of magic potion, if that’s not available, use a hair conditioner.This is often available in your bathroom.
- Mix the solution and throw the treacherous cotton shirt in the tub.
Let it soak for 25 minutes. Go, eat snacks or watch TV.
- Pull them out from the watery tub and squeeze them gently (Being kind to your enemy shows character).
- Spread a towel on a flat surface and place the shirt on it.
- Start rolling the towel with the shirt inside it. This will help you to remove the water. Repeat this process for 4 to 5 times.
- Hang the shirt in a hanger. Let it dry.
Take a look at this video
After the cotton shirt has dried, it should have expanded in size. If this doesn’t work (it will), you should try anti-growing cream to shrink yourself. 🤭